Did you know that bikes are good for business? According to Forbes Magazine, cyclists spend 40% more than motorists do at local shops. So why not be good to cyclists? When bikers are riding around town it’s nice for them to know there’s a place where they can park safely, use a restroom, and refill their water bottle.
How to be a Bicycle-Friendly Business
Are you a business owner? There are many easy ways for you to welcome cyclists to your business, provide simple services that will make a cyclist’s day, and encourage motorists to leave the car at home! Here are a few simple things you can do to make bikers’ lives easier:
- Join SABR as a business member so you can help us advocate for safer routes in the Seacoast [insert link to membership page]
- Install a bike rack outside your business. SABR will help you get one!
- Join the Bicycle Benefits program and provide a small discount to customers with bike helmets
For more on Bicycle Benefits, go to https://bb2.bicyclebenefits.org/ [insert a link to our page for Bicycle Benefits?]
- Allow cyclists to use your restrooms.
- Allow cyclists to use your WiFi.
- Allow phone charging.
- Provide free water bottle refills for cyclists.
- Have a bike pump on hand.
- Install a repair stand outside your business.
If you’d like to learn more about welcoming bicycle riders to your business, write to email@example.com